Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why I am an inconsistent blogger?

I spend too much time reading blogs.

Particularly, today, I have been reading about Twitter. I think it's well on its way to implosion now, so any comments I have to say about it are moot. I have a longer post saved as a draft, which I'll abandon.

The gist: Web 2.0 communication can reach a level of ridiculous overload. I don't think there is a need for Twitter. I don't think it has uses for libraries (maybe the embedding of chat reference status into the library homepage...but that's a service that is better handled by another sort of system, not the Twitter methodology). It might be nice for some people seeking to update others on their status; in some situations it might be useful (loud, web-like congregations such as SXSW or perhaps academic conferences might be testbeds) but I can't see myself using it.

And I'm more than a month behind the times in responding to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment